A little about me
Hi! I’m Jess, one half of Jess & Josh Cook, a blogger couple who LOVE to eat, cook up a storm in the kitchen and share bits and bobs about our lives . When it comes to who does what, I take care of the writing, the photography and the social channels for our popular and ever-growing blog. In other words, I basically do everything – except the cooking, – that’s Josh’s bag.
After creating Jess & Josh Cook in 2015, my love for social media and small businesses has grown from an interest to a full-on obsession. I’m passionate about all things Social Media, keeping up with the exciting new developments and often frustrating changes (will the Instagram algorithm ever stop changing!?) so that you don’t have to. Getting to know your brand, your voice and your vision is of the utmost importance to me. I want to to get your brand out there so that you can connect with your ideal customer while making the process as easy as possible for you.
How can I help you?
Social Media Management
- Devising a social media strategy to consistently build following and engagement.
- Daily posting to your social media channels.
- Scheduling of tweets for your Twitter account.
- Responding to messages and comments on your channels (if desired).
- Utilising features such as highlights and Instagram stories (if desired).
- Designing Facebook ads to help boost reach, monitoring the performance and working within your budget.
- Writing blog posts for your website, including your keywords and phrases to optimise SEO.
- Copywriting press releases to send out to relevant contacts.
- Sourcing appropriate bloggers/influencers to help your brand reach a wider audience.
- Creating contracts (if necessary).
- Proposing posting dates, coming up with campaign hashtags, chasing late posts.
- Anything I can help you with to make your life easier! This could be researching locations for a photography shoot, booking travel in and outside of the UK or just being a second pair of eyes if you need somebody to bounce ideas off or proof reading anything for you.
“Jess is one of the best business investments I’ve ever made. As a small business owner, it’s difficult to part with your hard-earned pounds and can be oh so tempting to take the DIY approach with social media, but Jess has shown me how necessary it is to invest in people who really know what they’re doing. Jess got the hang of my branding, style and voice right away; I just love refreshing my feed to see the newest post! The return and growth for Headblush I’ve seen in the two months of Jess doing my social media is just amazing – both my bookings and orders have risen and continue to do so. Not to mention, I now have more time to focus on the parts of Headblush that I’m much better at!”
– Headblush Glitta, @headblushglitta
“Having a social media presence is imperative for running a successful wedding photography business, however in between shooting, editing, emails and general admin I found myself struggling to post regularly (if at all) and when I did my engagement was disappointing. Jess has been running my Facebook and Instagram for the last few months, alongside publishing blog posts on my website. Apart from encouraging me to get new work out, Jess’ understanding of social media platforms has seen my engagement go from anaemic to healthy – an increase of about 40% on post engagement and a steady increase in followers. Jess has taken control of my social media whilst still allowing me to oversee and influence and has taken on the voice of my brand in a way that I’m extremely happy with. Working with Jess has been a seamless transition and I look forward to seeing the success of the social media strategies she is currently undertaking.”
-Kitty Wheeler Shaw Photography, @kittywshaw
Let’s chat! Pop me an email on firstname.lastname@example.org and we can go for coffee and talk about options for you.