Back in January, the BRAVO food awards opened, which is the only local food awards voted for 100% by the public. For the last 6 weeks, we’ve all been busy eating at our favourite spots and deciding who to vote for in each category.
This year even more Brightonians have had their say, with a 14% increase on the number of votes compared to the first year! It’s clear we’re very passionate about food in this city.
BRAVO added four new categories this year, which included Plant Champions and Best Instagram (we all love those flat lay latte posts). There were some firm favourites on the winners list, as well as a few newly opened places!
- Best Restaurant – 64 Degrees for a second year running!
- Best Pub – Basketmakers Arms
- Pub Grub – The Urchin
- Best Roast – The Southern Belle
- Best Sussex Venue – Shepherd & Dog
- Tea & Cake – The Flour Pot Bakery
- Plant Champions – Terre a Terre (one of my fave restaurants EVER!)
- Best Breakfast – Starfish & Coffee
- Best Cocktail – The Plotting Parlour
- Best Coffee – Small Batch Coffee
- Best Welcome – BeFries (YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAS!)
- Budget Bites – Tropical Sushi
- Family Friendly – Cafe Plenty
- Dog Friendly – Laughing Dog
- Most Brighton – Marwood
- Best Instagram – Happy Maki
Did any of your favourites make the list? You can see the full list of winners and runner ups over on the Restaurants Brighton website.
In other food news…
To celebrate their win, The Plotting Parlour have created a BRAVO cocktail which will be their special for a week from the 28th of March.
BeFries, winners of Best Welcome, are creating an online shop so you can order their delicious sauces straight to your door. We’ve been huge fans of these guys since they first opened, and even more.. they’ll be selling their own beer from April!!
The Urchin, winners of Best Pub Grub are building their own on-site brewery, who knew The Urchin could get even better?!
Winners of Best Brunch, Starfish & Coffee, will be launching a takeaway menu for the Summer, so you can eat their award winning breakfast in the park or beach. They’re also going to be hosting afternoon and evening pop up events, extending their opening hours and refurbishing the basement into a lounge.
There’s so much good food on offer in Brighton, so get out there and eat as much of it as you can before next year rolls around so you can vote for your faves in the BRAVO awards again.
Featured image by Restaurants Brighton.