We’ve recently been making the most of the hot weather and upping our salad game. However, there are only so many salads a gal can eat in one week. Those burger cravings always creep up!
When we decided to do burgers for dinner one evening, Josh took inspiration from the Louisiana Burger at KFC and tried to recreate something similar at home. We added the BBQ Slaw because our new Veggie Bullet makes it so much easier to make coleslaw than when I had to grate it all by hand!
Ingredients | Makes 4 | Takes 1 hour
1/4 red cabbage
1 red onion
1 tsp red wine vinegar
2-3 tbsp mayo
1 tbsp barbecue sauce
Salt & pepper
2 large chicken breasts or 4 small
2 slices of bread, whizzed to make breadcrumbs
1/3 cup oil
1 tbsp paprika
2 tbsp Plain flour
1 egg, beaten
Salt & pepper
4 brioche burger buns
3 tbsp Mayo
1 tsp Chipotle paste
4 frozen hash browns
- Make your breadcrumbs by mixing crumbs with oil, salt, pepper and paprika.
- Bake in preheated oven (180) for 20 minutes, stirring multiple times throughout.
- Meanwhile, mix flour with a little salt and pepper.
- Roll the chicken breasts in flour making sure it’s totally coated.
- When your breadcrumbs are ready dip your chicken breasts in the beaten egg and then dip in the breadcrumb mixture.
- Press the breadcrumbs into your chicken to ensure they coat the entire surface.
- Bake chicken on a baking tray in oven with the hash browns for around 25-30 minutes until internal temp of chicken is 165F and hash browns are crispy.
- While your chicken is baking make the coleslaw using the Veggie Bullet (if you have one!)
- Get out the slicing blade and put the cabbage and red onion through.
- Flip the blade to the shredding side and put the carrot through.
- Whilst using your Veggie Bullet you can also shred your lettuce fast food style.
- Mix the carrot, cabbage and red onion in a bowl and stir in the mayonnaise, vinegar and barbecue sauce.
- Taste and season with salt and pepper.
- Prep the rest of your burger by mixing 2-3 tbsp mayo with 1/2-1 tsp chipotle paste.
- Toast buns slightly and slice your tomato.
- When the chicken is ready assemble your burgers.
- Do this by spreading mayo on bottom bun, top with lettuce and then tomato, then chicken, hash brown and finally a big spoonful of coleslaw; cover with your bun lid.
- Use your skewers to make sure your tower stays up!
Would you try out the Veggie Bullet? You can get your own at High Street TV here.
*This post is sponsored by High Street TV, in collaboration with NutriBullet. As always, words & opinions are our own*