We’re off to Reading Festival! It feels like such a long time ago that we booked tickets but it’s finally here. We’ve never been to a Festival together before either. Josh used to go to Secret Garden Party every year, and I’ve been to Reading before – but never together so we’re really excited.
We’re going for one reason and one reason only. Eminem.
When I heard that Eminem would be playing Reading Festival this year I literally burst with excitement. We’re such big fans and when we were first dating we’d see who knew the lyrics to his songs better after a few drinks.
I’m also known at my company as the rapper when we end up at karaoke after a work do. I always do Eminem and Kanye songs. I’m a proper wannabe rapper.
We’re setting off bright and early tomorrow and now we’re just packing all our bits and bobs together to take with us. Luckily for us Push Doctor have sent us most of the things we need to make up our little survival kit.
What’s in the kit?
Our Reading Fest kit comes with everything you could need at a Festival…
- Baby wipes – for a quick under armpit clean after getting hot at a show.
- Two Nivea kits (one for Josh and one for me) full of mini toiletries.
- A collapsible water bottle which takes up much less space than a plastic bottle!
- A shee-wee for peeing. I tried one of these the last time I was at Reading so will definitely try again.
- A first aid kit because we all know how clumsy I am.
- A little bottle of anti-bacterial hand gel that you can easily clip onto your trousers.
- A bottle of sun screen and after sun, just in case we get some sun again this August!
- Two waterproof ponchos just in case we don’t.
- Dry shampoo because who has time for showers?
- A portable radio/speaker/torch. This is seriously the best thing ever.
- Toothbrushes, a mini hair brush and a pocket mirror.
- Mutli-vitamin tablets for the dreaded hangovers.
- Ear plugs, a condom and last but not least…
I’m pretty sure we have everything we could possible need and more! Check out the other tips Push Doctor have on their website on how to stay safe and healthy at a festival.
We’ll be sharing lot’s of snaps over on our Instagram of our time at Reading Festival, so if you’re not following us already make sure you do. Or don’t – I’m sure there’ll be lot’s of videos of me crying and rapping to Eminem simultaneously. I don’t know if you want to see that.
*Push Doctor sent us some goodies to help us make the most of our time at Reading Festival. See our disclaimer for more info*