Our first post of 2017! I’ll start off this post with a little apology for being so slack this year. I totally didn’t realise we hadn’t posted since December until a few days ago. I’m sure you all missed us loads… 😉
I wanted to share with you a recipe I knocked up this week. Yep, you read that right. I, Jess, am writing another recipe. Josh’s kitchen skills have definitely rubbed off on me.
It’s a vegetarian recipe which can easily be made vegan if you prefer. It’s simple, tasty and perfect for the colder evenings.
Ingredients | Serves 2 | Takes 30 Minutes
- 300g closed cup mushrooms, sliced
- 1 red onion, sliced finely
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1 small glug of brandy
- 150ml beef stock (or veggie)
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tbsp sour cream (swap for dairy free cream to make vegan)
- salt & pepper
- olive oil
- rice to serve
- Heat olive oil in a pan over a medium heat, then add the onions and cook for 5 minutes or until they’re soft.
- Add your crushed garlic and cook for a further two minutes.
- Add the mushrooms and cook until soft. You’ll need to add some more oil at this point as the mushrooms are very absorbent.
- Mix in the paprika and add the brandy. Reduce for a few minutes.
- Add your stock and Worcestershire sauce, mix well and reduce until the liquid has thickened. Season with a pinch of salt & pepper.
- Once the liquid has thickened, remove from the heat and mix through the sour cream.
- Serve with rice!
Will you be giving this a go? Make sure you tag us in your photos on Instagram if you do.