You know me, I like to keep things easy when I’m in the kitchen. When i’m cooking it’s likely I’ll burn myself or drop something, so why complicate things even more with a difficult recipe?
When I went away to Copenhagen, I wanted to make something for Josh to eat over the weekend. We had some blackberries leftover from when we went foraging and some apples from Josh’s mums garden. An apple and blackberry themed dessert seemed obvious. We’d recently had a crumble so I wanted to make something different. Here’s what I went for, an apple & blackberry tart so easy anybody can make it!
Apple & Blackberry Tart | Ingredients | Makes 1 Tart
- 3 apples
- 200g blackberries
- 1 tin of condensed milk
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 pack of rolled sweet pastry *
*Josh would always make his pastry from scratch but I am too lazy to do that.
- Preheat your oven to 180C.
- Slice the apples into wedges and lay out on a lined baking tray, sprinkle with 1 tbsp of cinnamon. Bake for 8 minutes.
- In the meantime, grease your pie dish and line it with the pastry.
- Once the apples are cooked, arrange the apple and blackberry over the pastry. It doesn’t have to look too pretty!
- In a jug, mix 1 tbsp of cinnamon with the condensed milk & 3 eggs.
- Pour the mixture over the fruit until you’ve filled the dish.
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes, until the pastry is golden and the filling has set.
- Leave to cool and serve with ice cream, cream… anything!