You ever get a craving for Nando’s? I do. Quite often. It’s really not cost effective to go to Nando’s once a week though, sadly.
The last time I got my cravings, Josh decided we’d just make it ourselves. We had a pot of mango and lime sauce from my last visit, so it made sense. It’s really easy, and if you remember to get your chicken marinading the night before you plan to eat it, it’s really quick.
We had our with chips and macho peas, which is always my go to these days in Nando’s. You could serve the chicken with anything though really, mash, coleslaw, garlic bread… the possibilities are endless.
Nando’s Chicken | Ingredients | Serves 2
- 2 large skin-on chicken breasts
- 1 bottle of Nando’s Mango and Lime sauce
- 2 potatoes
- frozen peas
- olive oil
- salt & pepper
Method | Takes 40 mins + marinading time
- Put chicken breasts in a bowl and coat with ½ bottle of Nando’s sauce, cover in cling film and place in fridge overnight.
- The next day, when you’re ready to get cooking, preheat your oven to 180°C.
- Peel and slice your potatoes into thin chips, coat in olive oil, season with salt and pepper and bake in oven for 30-35 minutes until nice and crispy.
- Meanwhile, fry your chicken breasts on high heat for 3-5 minutes in a pan with olive oil on medium/high heat.
- Flip onto the other side and fry for another 3 minutes until nicely browned and skin is nicely crisp.
- Then flip your chicken again and allow to cook on a low heat for 10 minutes.
- Remove chicken from the pan and place in the oven on a baking tray for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, boil a kettle, once boiled heat enough frozen peas for two in a saucepan of water, should take around 5 minutes
- Once the peas are done add a knob of butter, ½ tsp of mint and salt & pepper.
- Mix until well coated.
- Remove chicken and chips from oven and serve with peas and Nando’s mango and lime sauce as a dressing.