As you may have gathered from this blog, Josh does the main brunt of the cooking and I mostly just help prepare meals and do most of the cleaning up. I get all the fun jobs.
However, yesterday I was in the mood to cook for a change and so decided to have dinner ready for when Josh got home. Cute right?
The dinner was a success! He (quote) said it was amazing, so obviously I had to share this with you all and decided to write up what I did because I was quite proud of myself. Here’s my Spanish style pork meatballs recipe:
Spanish Style Pork Meatballs | Ingredients | Serves 2 | Takes 1 hour
- 250g lean pork mince
- 1 tin butter beans
- 1 red onion
- 1 red pepper
- 1 carrot
- 150g chestnut mushrooms
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp sage
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 50ml red wine
- 300ml vegetable stock
- salt & pepper
- olive oil
- crusty bread to serve (optional)
- Make your meatballs by combining the pork mince with the sage, salt and pepper in a bowl. Roll small handfuls of mince into small balls and put to one side.
- Slice your carrot, mushrooms, onion & pepper and set to one side.
- In a large frying pan heat some olive oil and add all your vegetables, cook for 5-8 minutes until the start to soften and add more oil if they start to stick. Then add the garlic and fry for a further 2 minutes.
- Push the veg to one side and add the meatballs, fry until browned on all sides.
- Add the rest of your ingredients and stir well and reduce until most of the liquid has dissolved. Ensure you continue to stir throughout this process.
- Once reduced (probably about 20 minutes) serve with your choice of carb! We went for crusty bread with nice butter.
There you have it! It’s a really easy dish to make and you can pack in so many vegetables. Do you have any other really easy recipes I can give a go? Let me know in the comments.