This is one of those dinners that’s just never gonna look pretty but my god it sure is tasty. It’s so easy to make and you can swap out the chicken for any other meat or substitute it for a load more veg if you wanna make it vegetarian.
Ingredients | Serves 2 | Takes 1 hour
For the chicken enchiladas:
- 2 chicken breasts
- 500ml passata
- 1 red onions
- 1 red pepper
- 100g mushrooms
- 1 tsp crushed garlic
- 4 tortilla wraps
- 100g manchego cheese, grated
- 3 tbsp paprika
- 1 tbsp garlic salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- sprinkle of chilli
- 1 tbsp bbq sauce
- vegetable stock cube
- olive oil
For the salsa salad:
- 1 red onion
- 2 tomatoes
- 1/2 can sweetcorn
- 1/4 of an iceberg lettuce, finely chopped
- handful of chopped coriander
- squeeze of lime
- feta (enough to crumble on your salad)
- salt & pepper
- olive oil
- Preheat your oven to 180°C.
- Slice your chicken into small bite size chunks.
- Mix the paprika, garlic salt & pepper and coat the chicken in it.
- Chop your onion, pepper and mushrooms into slices. Fry in some olive oil over a medium heat until softened (around 5 minutes). Then add your garlic and fry for another 5 minutes, making sure you mix it often and add oil if it starts to stick.
- Add the chicken and cook for 12 minutes, until cooked throughout.
- Meanwhile, put a saucepan on a medium heat and add your passata, your stock cube and season with salt & pepper. Simmer for 15 minutes.
- Grease a baking tray and in a bowl mix 4 tbsp of your passata mixture with the BBQ sauce.
- Divide the chicken mixture between the 4 wraps and cover each wrap with a tbsp of the BBQ sauce mixture.
- Fold up the wraps and add them to the baking tray. Cover with the remainder of the BBQ sauce mixture. Sprinkle with chilli sauce and cover with cheese.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make your salsa salad.
- Add the onion and tomatoes to the food processor and blitz. At the contents to a bowl and mix through the sweetcorn. Add the lime juice, a dash of olive oil, coriander and mix thoroughly.
- Add to a big bowl with the lettuce and mix well with a crumble of feta.
- Serve! We also added a dollop of yoghurt on top.