When Mr. Tom’s challenged food bloggers to create a bake using their peanut caramel bars we jumped at the chance. After a couple of weeks making bakes for other people – a Victoria Sponge for Fathers Day, cupcakes for the office.. – we decided to treat ourselves to a baked cheesecake.
Ingredients | Takes 2 hours
- 3 Mr. Tom bars*
- 75g digestive biscuits
- 25g butter
- 50g dark chocolate
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 180g cream cheese
- 90g caster sugar
- 115ml sour cream
- 90g smooth peanut butter
- 30g milk chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 180°C.
- Make base by whizzing biscuits, 2 Mr Tom bars, dark chocolate and butter in the food processor.
- Grease a round baking tin, preferably with a loose base.
- Pack the biscuit mix into the base and place in the fridge to set slightly.
- Make your filling by pouring 45ml sour cream, eggs, cream cheese and 75g caster sugar into a bowl and mix well.
- Pour the filling onto your biscuit base and spread evenly. Bake in the oven for 40 minutes, but check at 30 minutes and turn if necessary.
- Its now time to make your chocolate topping!
- Mix milk chocolate chips with the remaining sour cream and caster sugar in a saucepan on medium heat, stirring constantly.
- When all the chocolate has melted gently spoon over the cheesecake and bake in the oven for 5-10 minutes.
- Crush the remaining Mr Tom bar in a pestle and mortar and sprinkle on top of the cheesecake to decorate.
- Eat immediately!
*Post contains PR sample