You all know by now that we’re big fans of just throwing whatever we’ve got leftover together and hoping that it turns out edible, Josh is a master at this. The other night we were halfway through cooking some burritos and then realised we had no rice.. so used spaghetti. It was the week before pay day guys, don’t judge!
This is one that seemed a little bit more food blogger appropriate so let us know what you think!
Ingredients | Serves 2 | Takes 30-35 minutes
- 2 chicken breasts
- handful of jarred sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- handful of fresh basil, chopped
- 1 ball of mozzarella
- a shake of dried oregano
- salt & pepper
- olive oil
- wooden skewers
- Preheat your oven to 200°C.
- With a sharp knife cut a large pocket into the side of each breast and then position the chicken breast so the hole is facing upwards.
- Stuff each breast with small pieces of mozzarella, basil and sun-dried tomato until completely full.
- Coat the outside of each breast with salt, pepper and oregano.
- Close the holes as much as possible by fastening with skewers (see photo above).
- Bake in the oven for 25 minutes.
- Serve! And remember to take out those skewers.
We had ours with vegetables and mashed sweet potato, which you could cook whilst your chicken is in the oven.
If you liked this post, you might also like: Leftovers Stuffed Chicken