A super easy vegetarian recipe that you can whip up when you get home from work or make on a cold evening!
Sweet Potato & Dhal Pie | Serves 2 | Takes 1 hour
- 650g sweet potato
- 50g mushrooms
- 1 red onion
- 1 red pepper
- 2 carrots
- 2 tsp chopped garlic (or one clove, crushed)
- 1 tsp grated garlic
- 100g red lentils
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 500ml vegetable stock
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- greek yoghurt
- large handful fresh coriander
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Preheat your oven to 200°C.
- Peel and chop the sweet potato and boil in a pan of boiling water, over a medium heat for 15 minutes.
- Peel and finely chop the carrot and onion, add to a frying pan with a tablespoon on olive oil and cook over a medium heat.
- Slice the pepper into strips and add to the pan, then chop your mushrooms and add them too. Mix well.
- Cook until soft, around 5 minutes, then add the ginger and garlic.
- Cook for another 2 minutes, then add the curry powder and a large tbsp of chopped coriander.
- Mix well, then add the tomato puree with the stock and lentils.
- Cook for 15-20 minutes on a medium heat with the lid on, stirring every 5 minutes.
- Once your sweet potato has softened, drain and mash with a tsp of yoghurt. Season with salt & pepper.
- When the dhal is ready season with salt and pepper and add to an oven proof dish.
- Top the dahl with the sweet potato mash and bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes.
- Sprinkle with some fresh coriander and serve!