It’s the week before payday so we’re living off leftovers and doing mostly veggie meals to keep spending to a minimum before I get paid tomorrow and blow it all over the bank holiday weekend.
We managed to get 4 meals out of this pasta bake (2 dinners and 2 lunches) so I thought I’d share the recipe with y’all so you can give it a go if you’re saving or if you just want a super easy mid-week recipe.
Three Cheese Mushroom Pasta Bake
What You’ll Need
- 400g pasta, any shape, we used Penne
- 1 red onion
- 100g button mushrooms
- 100g chestnut mushrooms
- 2 rashers of bacon (optional)
- 60ml marsala wine
- 150g butter
- 150g plain flour
- 500ml vegetable stock
- 3 tablespoon parsley
- 100g cheddar cheese
- 100g Parmesan
- 1 mozzarella ball
- 1/2 tin sweetcorn
- salt & pepper
- olive oil
- Preheat your oven to 180°C, fill a kettle with boiling water and once boiled get a pan on with your pasta, a pinch of salt and part boil for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, blitz the onion in a food processor and chop your mushrooms however you prefer. Slice the bacon into little chunks if using.
- Heat some oil in a frying pan and cook the mushrooms for a couple of minutes. Then add the onion, bacon and a shake of salt and pepper and cook until the onion is soft.
- Add the wine and reduce.
- Then add the stock, butter, flour and parsley. Stir well and cook until around 3/4 of the liquid has reduced.
- Add the cheddar and mix until it starts to melt.
- Add the pasta and coat in the mixture.
- Mix in the sweetcorn.
- Transfer the mixture to an ovenproof dish and top with Parmesan and mozzarella.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until all the cheese has melted and turned golden.
You can then have it for lunch the next day like I did…