Recently Josh and I have been in need of some comfort food due to various things going on in our lives. One dinner that has been a common occurrence in our household when we either can’t be bothered to do anything that amazing or if we’ve got a lot of leftovers is this quick 30 minute pizza.
I’m not going to lie to you and say this is the best way to make pizza dough and that you can make a proper Italian style pizza in 30 minutes because, well, it’s just not possible. However, if you’re looking for a quick fix, without having to spend a tonne on a Domino’s then this recipe fits the bill.
What You’ll Need
- 2 cups of plain flour
- 1 tbsp dry active yeast
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2/3 cup of warm water
- 6 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 tbsp chopped garlic
- 1 red onion
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 mozzarella ball
- olive oil
- salt & pepper
For toppings we went for red onion, sweetcorn, red pepper, pepperoni, salami and spinach but you can bang whatever you like on top.
- Preheat oven to 200°C
- Add yeast, salt and sugar to the warm water and leave it for 5 minutes until foam has appeared on top.
- Mix into the flour until your dough forms, leave for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make your pizza sauce by putting a saucepan on medium/high heat and cooking the red onion (chopped finely) in olive oil until softened (4 mins) and then add the garlic and Italian seasoning (1 minute).
- Add the tomato puree, stir and cook for 5 minutes until reduced slightly, then season with salt and pepper.
- Split the dough into two and shape into circles. Top each pizza with tomato sauce, mozzarella and toppings of your choice and bake in the oven for 8-10 minutes.
- Serve once cheese is nicely melted.