Guys, it’s been way too long since we’ve done a recipe for you, sorry about that! Josh has been wanting to perfect a few recipes before we posted them and he’s finally done with this one.
What You’ll Need (Serves 2)
For the marinade:
- 300ml plain yoghurt
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 tbsp grated ginger
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp chilli flakes
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- juice and rind of 1 lemon
- a pinch of cayenne pepper
- 4 cloves of garlic, crushed
- Wooden or metal skewers
For the rest:
- 1 red onion
- 1 red pepper
- 4 pittas
- A couple of handfuls of couscous
- 1 baby gem lettuce
- 250ml vegetable stock
- Olive oil
- Handful of baby tomatoes
- Combine ingredients for marinade by pouring yoghurt into bowl and mixing in ginger and garlic cloves.
- Add all spices and combine thoroughly, tweak marinade to your personal taste (this marinade is very lemony).
- Cut chicken into large chunks, around 2cm and combine with marinade in ziplock bag.
- Marinade chicken in the fridge overnight or for around 6-8 hours.
- When you’re ready for dinner chop red onion and red peppers into large chunks, take chicken out of bag and alternately place vegetables and chicken chunks onto all 4 skewers.
- Soak skewers in warm water (if using wooden ones).
- Preheat grill to high heat. Cook skewers for around 5 minutes, then flip and grill for another 5 minutes
- Meanwhile make the salad by covering the couscous in vegetable stock, chop lettuce and toss in a large with tomatoes and feta and add the couscous when done.
- Drench in olive oil and season with salt & pepper.
- Toast pittas until warm and crispy.
- Once skewers are nicely charred remove from oven and serve!