As you’ll know if you follow us or know us even the tiniest bit, we bloody love going out for dinner and trying new restaurants in Brighton. We’re so lucky to live in a city with such amazing food and we are so passionate about trying it all that we’re even working on a ‘bucket list’ of restaurants to try.
Every Friday night for quite a few months (until going to Walkabout with Cate for £3 doubles took over) we’d have date night and head out to a different restaurant to eat good food and drink lots of wine. We’ve compiled our favourite 5 but as we’ve still got a few more places to try – Market I’m looking at you – this list may be updated in the future.
- The Coal Shed – This one was obviously going to be on our list, claiming the best steak in Brighton they definitely live up to expectations. The setting is fancy, but not omg I don’t know what to do with my hands fancy, if you know what I mean. Intimate with friendly staff to put you at ease if you’re on a first date or to simply have a chat with about their impressive menu! You can check out their website here or pop down to 8 Boyce’s Street, BN11AN.
- La Choza @ The Hare & Hounds – We’ve never been able to get a table at the actual restaurant but we did manage to grab some amazing food at their pub kitchen before we went to see The Ladyboys of Bangkok last summer. Being in a pub it has a very chilled atmosphere and you just have to try their quesadillas, they’re to die for. Head down to The Hare & Hounds at 75 London Rd, BN14JF to check them out.
- Casa Don Carlos – Having lived in Spain for a few years I love any opportunity to enjoy some authentic Spanish tapas. The owner is always present, having a wander round the tables and although the food isn’t amazing, it’s cheap and cheerful and the atmosphere is nice and it’s still one of the few Brighton restaurants we’ve revisited. Visit Casa Don Carlos on 5 Union St, BN11HA.
- Moshimo – I’m just gonna put it out there, I don’t like Sushi, so it’s a little strange to have Moshimo in our top 5. However, Josh and I came here last summer and loved the experience. The waiters are totally clued up and know exactly what they’re talking about and are happy to talk Sushi virgins through the process. It’s a fun date night where you can try new things if you’re novices like we are! Read their menu here or head down to Bartholomew Rd, BN11JS
- The Chilli Pickle – The Chilli Pickle is just one of those restaurants that you could revisit every week and never get bored. We’ve only actually been twice together as we keep it for special occasions and had an amazing NYE dinner there this year. Low lighting, candles, nice music, good food – what more could you want for date night? I beg you head down to 17 Jubilee St, BN11GE.
Have a restaurant to add to the list? Let us know in the comments!