Happy Valentine’s Day!
Josh and I have spent the day in the kitchen, baking up some Valentine’s Day themed treats for us to have later when we get back from dinner. As a little gift to you guys, here’s our ice cream cupcake recipe.
Haagen-Dazs kindly sent us some vouchers to buy a pot of strawberry cheesecake ice cream to use in a Valentine’s Day recipe.
What You’ll Need – Makes 8 cupcakes
- 100g self raising flour
- 125g butter
- 125g caster sugar
- 2 cups icing sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp lemon extract
- 1/2 tub strawberry cheesecake ice cream
- Handful of strawberries and sprinkles for decorating
- Cupcake cases
- Preheat your oven to 180°C
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the butter (softened) with the caster sugar.
- Crack both eggs to the mixture and mix well. Then add the flour and the lemon extract.
- In a muffin tray, lay out the cupcake cases and fill with the mixture. There should be enough for around 3 tsp per case.
- Cook for 10-15 minutes, until golden brown on top.
- Meanwhile, add the ice cream and the icing sugar to a bowl and mix until smooth. Keep in the fridge until your cupcakes are ready.
- Once cooked leave the cupcakes on a drying rack for another 15 minutes.
- Decorate with the icing, strawberries and sprinkles.
- Try not to eat them all in one go!