When we were doing our online shop with Ocado last week we stumbled across these Dinosaur cutters and Josh just couldn’t resist buying them. So with that, Turkey Dinosaurs were on the menu for a weeknight dinner. If you fancy reliving your youth, carry on reading to find out how to make them yourselves with a side of chips and honey mustard mayo salad.
What You’ll Need (Serves 2)
- 400g turkey mince
- 2 tsp marmite
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 anchovies – finely diced
- 120g plain flour
- 2 large potatoes
- 1 little gem lettuce
- 1 tbsp wholegrain mustard
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 large egg
- Olive oil
- Salt & pepper
- Dinosaur cutter
If you don’t already have breadcrumbs then this is how you can quickly make some, they’re really tasty too!
- Take 3 slices of bread and blitz in the food processor until fine
- Melt 4 tbsp of butter in a pan and add the breadcrumbs
- Fry until crisp
- Preheat your oven to 180°c
- In a large bowl add the turkey mince, marmite, soy sauce, anchovies, salt & pepper and mix well.
- Add a handful of the breadcrumbs and 2 tbsp of flour and combine.
- Cut mixture into dinosaur shapes with your cutter and it should make between 6-8 little dinosaurs.
- Coat dinosaurs in flour, then the beaten egg and then breadcrumbs.
- Place on a baking tray and cook in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Cut your potato into chip shapes, coat with oil and season well and place on another baking tray and pop them in the oven for 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, for the salad, mix 1 tbsp olive oil, mayo, mustard, honey and salt & pepper in a bowl.
- Wash lettuce and tear leaves in a bowl, cut tomato into chunks and add to the lettuce. Coat in the honey mustard mayo.
- Serve turkey dinosaurs with chips and salad.