If you didn’t already know, it’s Breakfast Week this week, so why don’t you give these pancakes a go?
What you’ll need – Makes 4 pancakes
- 1 apple
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1/2 cup plain flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 4 tbsp butter + more for frying
- 2 tbsp caster sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 100 ml almond milk
- A pinch of salt
- Core and half apple.
- Cut one half into small chunks and throw in a sauce pan with the caster sugar and half the butter (2 tbsp). This makes your apple sauce.
- Cook on low heat until apple becomes really soft, 5-10 minutes.
- Meanwhile combine the flour, oatmeal, cinnamon, butter, maple syrup, baking powder, vanilla extract, salt, egg and the rest of the butter in mixing bowl.
- Grate the other half of your apple into bowl along with your finished apple sauce and stir until fully combined, then add your milk.
- Heat some butter in a frying pan on medium/high heat.
- With a large wooden spoon scoop out some pancake mix into frying pan making a small thick pancake so you can get 2 in a pan at once (Otherwise the pancake will be too large and you’ll have trouble flipping it).
- Cook pancakes for 2-3 minutes on each side until nice and brown adding more butter if necessary.
- Serve with maple syrup!