I’ll be the first to admit it, I am rubbish at having breakfast in the morning. When my alarm goes off I’d always much rather hit snooze for an extra 10 minutes in bed instead of getting up and having something to eat before I start my day.
If you’re like me then this recipe is for you. You can make up to 16 portions in advance (but don’t unless you have a massive bowl, trust me, I tried) and then all you have to do when you roll out of bed is throw a portion in a bowl with some Greek yogurt and try to resist the urge to crawl back into bed.
What You’ll Need (8 portions)
- 300g Oats
- 115g Puffed rice
- 30g Oat bran
- 100ml Pineapple juice
- 100ml Apple juice
- 50g Sukrin Gold brown sugar
- 20g Ground almonds
- 20g Pumpkin seeds
- 20g Flax seeds
- 3tsp Cinnamon
- Olive oil
- Preheat your oven to 180°.
- In a pan add the juices, the brown sugar and a tbsp of olive oil and bring to the boil. Once boiling simmer for 5-10 minutes until the liquid starts to thicken. Then allow to cool.
- Meanwhile, in a pretty big bowl mix the oats, puffed rice, oat bran and cinnamon. Once the liquid has cooled mix through the oats mix.
- Line a baking tray with grease proof paper and evenly spread the granola mix until about 1-2 inches thick. Cook in the oven for 35-40 minutes.
- Make sure you give the granola a mix every 5-10 minutes to make sure it’s not burning. Cook for longer if the mixture is still soggy after the 40 mins.
- When cooked leave to cool and then break up the granola into chunks and mix through the almonds, pumpkin seeds and flax seeds.
- Store in an air tight container.
And there you have it, breakfast ready for you for a whole week! Serve with Greek yogurt, fruit, whatever takes your fancy.