We’ve all been there, tired after a long day at work, you get home and just can’t muster the energy to spend what will no doubt feel like hours cooking something delicious for dinner. If so, this recipe is for you as it only takes 15 minutes… eat your heart out Jamie Oliver!
Crispy Skin-On Salmon & Leek Pasta
Okay… so we’ve done another leek recipe, but they’re so tasty!! They’re also in season at the moment so pretty cheap in your local supermarket. We’ve cooked the leeks the way Cate showed us, ever since I’ve been eating them almost every day!
What you’ll need (serves 2)
- 250g fresh spaghetti
- 2 fresh fillets of salmon with skin on
- 1 large leek
- A knob of butter
- A splash of white wine
- 4 tablespoons of double cream
- 1 tablespoon of thyme
- Olive oil
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Melt the butter in a pan on medium heat, whilst that’s melting slice your leek in half and then chop up and add to the pan. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook the leek until soft for about 5 minutes and then add a splash of white wine (don’t go overboard, I used a glass of wine and it tasted horrible we had to salvage the sauce by adding vegetable stock).
- Heat some butter in another pan for the salmon on high heat. Cover the skin of the salmon in olive oil and salt & pepper.
- Add the salmon to the pan skin side down, turn the heat down to medium and cook for 5 minutes.
- Once the white wine has reduced add the double cream and thyme and let it simmer away whilst cooking the salmon & pasta.
- Fresh pasta should only take 4 minutes so put that on once you’ve got the salmon cooking.
- After 5 mins, turn the salmon over and just cook for another minute.