Did you know it’s leek season? I didn’t until the other day but then again that might be because I am totally oblivious to what fruit ‘n’ veg grows when. My bad.
So if you’re loving leeks at the moment, here’s a quick and easy leek recipe you can whip up in no time at all… Okay it might take you like 15 minutes but that’s nothing!
What you’ll need (serves 1)
- Wholemeal spaghetti
- 1 large leek
- 1 portobello mushroom
- 2 rashers of bacon
- 2 eggs
- 50g grated parmesan
- olive oil
- Get your spaghetti cooking in some boiling water with a pinch of salt for however long the packet dictates.
- Heat some oil in a pan and cook the bacon until crispy, then set aside for later on some kitchen towel and pat dry the grease. When it’s cooled enough to touch cut it into chunks with some scissors.
- Slice the leek and chop the mushroom then add to the pan and cook until soft with a pinch of salt (you might need to add a little bit more oil at this point).
- Whilst that’s all cooking away, mix your eggs and parmesan and it should form a thick mixture.
- Drain the pasta once cooked and then add to the pan of veg and mix together. Also add the bacon.
- Remove from the heat and then with one hand slowly pour in the egg/cheese mixture whilst stirring with the other.
- Do this for about two minutes then serve with a bit of extra parmesan on top!