Is there anything that doesn’t taste delicious deep fried? I mean, really?
This is a recipe we have both been really excited to do and it really was amazing. If you’re a fan of prawns it’s a must try!
What you’ll need (serves 2)
250g peeled prawns
Half a ciabatta
2 1/2 tsp of Bayou Blast (we substituted onion powder and salt for onion salt)
500ml of vegetable oil
100g wholemeal flour
Pinch of salt
1/2 red onion
1 red pepper
1/2 tin chopped tomatoes
As much sweetcorn as you want
Salt & pepper
Sweet chilli mayo
1. Mix the flour, water & salt together until a sticky dough forms. Knead for 2-3 minutes and then set aside for later.
2. Run the ciabatta through a food processor until it turns into fine breadcrumbs, then lay onto a baking tray and put under the grill until they turn crispy.
3. Whisk the egg with 1 tsp of the Bayou Blast. We would have added 1tsp of double cream at this point if someone (Jess) hadn’t accidentally binned it the night before.
4. Coat the prawns in the egg mixture and then cover the prawns in the breadcrumbs.
5. Divide the dough into 4 balls, flour surface and roll them into thin circles. Don’t be afraid to add loads of flour to try and stop it sticking so much.
6. Put the salsa ingredients through the food processor and then add to a frying pan with heated oil on a low heat. Keep an eye on it a stir occasionally.
7. Heat the oil in a deep pan on a high heat, we used a wok.
8. Dump the prawns in and fry for 2-3 minutes or until golden brown.
9. Heat a little bit of oil in a frying pan and when hot fry each taco individually for 1 minute on each side. Once done, keep under a tea towel to keep warm until you’re ready to eat later.
10. Serve with the salsa, salad and sauce!